Wednesday, August 8, 2012

carter's makes the prettiest and comfiest Pj's

This morning we had to get up at 5:30am to bring Alex to work. He's in 'rotation' right now. That means that a group of troops is rotating through here for training and basically he has to be in the field when they're in the field. He's an OC (observer controller) so he has to oversee and correct/control their training. He's on a team of people that do the same thing. I believe each OC is assigned a certain number of troops they oversee. We are at Joint Multinational Readiness Center Headquarters(JMRC HHC)so we see Romanian troops, Georgian troops, I believe Spanish troops (from Spain) and of course American troops, maybe others, I'm not sure. And hopefully none of that information violates OPSEC (operations Security).

Anyway, we had to drive Alex in this morning because we are down to only one vehicle, the truck. We bought a 1992 BMW here for only $800! Great deal, right? And the guy who sold it to us is previously 82nd Airborne, from C Co. 3-505 Team Panthers which is the unit we were in back before Fort Lewis. He actually knew of Alex, though had never met him before, AND he knew my brother Kris! The Army sure is a small world after all =)

Well the car's been pretty decent to us... but while I was in NH Alex had to replace the radiator and that cost us 250€ which is about $310. . Now it is stalling.. had to push it back in the driveway the other day because it wouldn't restart. Say a prayer it's an easy fix. Alex is busy with rotation right now, but he's got plans to change out the air filter, change out the gas filter (I think he said that), put in concentrated gas additive and change out the spark plugs before we give up and tow it over to the shop. The only convenient thing is the shop is right here in our tiny village (home based businesses are VERY common here and often times attached to people's homes). So we have a large chain and can tow the car with the truck about 2/10th's of a mile from us! But let's pray it doesn't come to that.

Alex has been staying in the field overnight on and off lately. He could come home at 9pm and go back in at 430am every morning... but for the sake of Lexi's (and MY) sleep he's been sleeping out there. But sometimes if he's done early he'll call us to come get him. It's nice to have him home overnight so I'm not so nervous checking and re checking the locks on all the doors/windows every night. Ha! Last night was one of those nights Alex was able to be home with us. YAY =)

It got cool here overnight, maybe in the mid 50's. So I had Lexi all bundled up this morning. She was so cute and so sweet. I love when she's sleepy. =) Now, you should know, Lexi LOVES pajamas, especially footed ones and she LOVES getting new ones! We just got a box at the post office yesterday that I had sent myself while we were in the states recently and in it was a lightweight pair of footed pajamas that she wore last night. I absolutely love the color of them on Lexi. The pj's are SO cute and they have ruffles on the bum! Makes me want to bite her bum all the more! hahaha! So I thought I'd share a few pics of the cute and cuddly new PJ's Lexi loves and how cute and cuddly she is IN THEM! =)



Yes, I am showing off my daughter's bum on the world wide web! =)~ Blame it all on carter's for making such cute and comfy pj's! And yes, the last pic shows I am not yet done painting my bedroom wall.. I only started THAT project.. ohhh 5 months ago. I've decided I hate painting and I'm never doing it again! =)~



Prayer Corner

Please add these few requests to your prayers.
1) My friend Sam is having severe financial troubles right now. She is a family of 6 with 4 children at home, (the oldest son is with great grandparents otherwise they'd be a family of 7 living together) Her youngest is her daughter Samarie who is only a few weeks old! They don't even have enough funds to cover gas in their vehicle to get her husband to work. Her husband has taken the only job he can get at the moment which is at a mobile company 30 minutes away. There is hope of a better job that he has applied for and if that works out their plan is to walk away from the house and move closer to the job and rent a place. This is a lot of stress, losing their family home and moving their large family all while having a brand new baby in the home. Sam has been nothing but faithful, knowing and expressing that God has a plan for them in all of this, she has been the epitome of 'I will praise you in this storm' and is an encouragement to me! So please, please keep them in your prayers!
2)My sister Gretchen is trying to get a few more weeks at home with her new baby before returning to work. Please keep her and baby Tommy in your prayers that her job at BAE will give her the few more days she is requesting for them to hold her position before she returns. Also, our parents will be watching baby Tommy when she returns so please keep that situation in your prayers as well that it all works out!
3) Please pray for our vehicle issues as well as me getting my business license so I can start advertising on base and hopefully getting new clients! Also pray for me as I teach at VBS this week that my words are not my own but are our Father's coming through me and leaving an impression on the school age kids I am working with that it will be, in the very least, a foundation that will one day lead to them accepting Christ as their sweet savior.




I close on a humorous note... we have a sliding gate that closes off our driveway and completely fences in our property (great for the dogs). When we arrived home the other day Alex jumped out of the car (the junker one) and opened the gate so I could pull in and of course he was greeted by the dogs jumping all over him. I was busy looking at them and I crashed into the gate!

I laughed! Alex got mad! I laughed harder! Alex got madder!

No damage was done. I told him he should just laugh. We have 2 choices... get mad... or don't. There was no damage done (ok the fence is a LITTLE warped..) and the car is a junker anyway w/ blemishes all over it.. so I decided to not get mad... AND LAUGH..

poor Alex.. he just doesn't see it my way...

ohhhh such is the life of a soldier's wife =)~
'til next time my lovelies....





PS I was throwing Lexi on the bed earlier and I was all done with the 'one more time.' one more time.' so i said 'i'm leaving' and walked out of the bedroom and she said all cute.. 'you can't just leave me here. i'm your little girl' man.. she knows how to work ya! we're in trouble! so is EVERY teacher she's ever going to have.. i can already picture those big ol' puppy eyes and hear that sweet voice and all those excuses!

1 comment:

  1. The pajamas look so cozy and comfortable I want a pair in my size.

    Prayers said, for all of you.It is hard sometimes to make ends meet and when you have little ones dependent on you it is easy to worry. Your friend sounds like she really does trust the Savior and He is faithful, Praise Him!

    The photos of Lexi are great, and in one of the photos her little mischievous smile made me think of you ~ funny, since I think she mostly looks like her Daddy.

    I hope you keep posting on your blog Rachel.

    BTW, how could you leave your little girl without a few more bounces on the bed? :)

    ReplyDelete

x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner